Ahhh I am such a slacker!!! We finished the PATH classes on November 20, 2007. I began working for Dept. of Children's Services on December 3, 2007. Our homestudy was eventually completed and our case transferred to East Region. The day we were sent to placement we received 2 calls. One of those calls being for a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old. We missed both calls because we weren't home and placement didn't call our cell, we were devastated. A week later I received an email from our Resource Parent Support worker regarding 2 children, a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old. We decided to take this kids and it's been great!!
On January 17, 2008 Alyssa and Darin were placed in our home. I won't lie and say the beginning wasn't rocky, because it was. I cried for the first 2-3 days. We regretted what we had done and were almost to the point of closing our home, it was just so overwhelming to go from no kids to 2 kids!!! Needless to say we got over that and after about 2 weeks it was no problem for us anymore.
The children have now been with us for a little over 2 months, though it seems they have been with us longer. We are more than comfortable now and cannot imagine our lives without them. Their mom is working her plan so they are more than likely going home, it's just a matter of time...but while they are with us we try to enjoy every second of it! :)
Grilled Stuffed Portobellos
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment